Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Holy Crap, They’ve Set Up Transition!

It’s all becoming a bit more real.  I had my pre-race chat with Coach and went over the plan.  I feel ready and I was glad to hear what she had to say.

And then Jeff and I thought we’d take the dogs down to Tempe to walk.  I was NOT expecting to see half of Ironman Village set up when we drove over the Mill Ave Bridge!  I figured they’d start on it tomorrow.  Holy sheeeet, it’s really happening!

Bike racks and rows of portajohns!

003

Bike racks are not labeled yet though, so I can’t tell you where your spot is.

004

The stairs into the lake are installed!

006

Future site of shopping, check-in, and med tent

009

It’s almost time!!!!!

010

15 comments:

Jen said...

SO exciting!

We are headed down on Sat afternoon...cowbells in hand :)

Kevin said...

Woohoo it is almost here. Try to relax the best you can these next few days. Im sure youll have an awesome race

beardies3 said...

That is exciting!!!!

Did you dye Stanley's coat? LOL He is so dark now!

Stef0115 said...

YAY!

jennabul said...

Ohhhhh....wow...I am getting excited!!!!!

D said...

Dare you to swim in the lake outside of Gatorade times! Such a stupid "rule".

Melissa said...

WoopWoop!!!

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

makes it all seem real, huh?

Just WAIT until Thursday - when everyone really starts getting there :-)

What are you wearing? I'm good at people spotting! I know you have a red orbea that will help!

Brandy said...

Wow--thanks! That is awesome! Can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

OMG OMG OMG

Wes said...

I am so stalking you! Please don't take a long time. I need my beauty sleep! Plus, I've been practicing electronic registration on the keyboard in preparation for Monday. BRING IT ON!!! Woo hoo!!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Yiiippppeeeeee!!!! I am so excited for you. All the hard work an sacrifice this year and now you just get to enjoy! Well, you still have to do the IM but who cares? You made it and can now celebrate all the of the hard work you have done. Can't wait to watch you on race day!

Runner Leana said...

So exciting!!! Wow, make sure you swim during the correct hours!

Larissa said...

Woohooo! Good Luck!

Rainmaker said...

Eeek on the auto-DQ swim rules (though lame).

Very cool though overall - way excited to track you on Sunday!