Friday, October 3, 2008

Um

I still feel like I have nothing exciting to report. Entries closed for the agility trial of the bearded collie national this week and I've been going crazy trying to process them all, put together the catalog, contact people who owe money, etc etc etc. I will be very happy when this thing is over, in precisely....24 days.


Next week I start masters swim. Shit. Time to put my big girl panties on and face the humiliation. They tell me this will make me a better swimmer. I sure as hell can't get any worse!


Many of the women I admire in the blogosphere are headed to Kona soon to compete or spectate at the Ironman World Championships. I'm nowhere near the level of that kind of competition but I'm still jealous of everyone getting the opportunity to just BE there, close to the action, surrounded by so many people involved in this sport. And come on, it doesn't hurt that they'll get to ogle some incredibly fit triathletes as well.


Good luck to Melissa who is racing the Twin Cities Marathon this weekend! Melissa is going to be my roommate at All Women's Tri-Bloggers camp in Florida in February. Also good luck to Lisa at the Longhorn 70.3 tri in Austin! The #$%&*ing airline destroyed her bike on the way there but she's carrying on with a replacement bike and a positive attitude.


Stanley and I visited with his sister MacKenzie at an obedience/rally trial last weekend. She did great and got her first two Rally Novice legs! These two aren't related at all, are they? One thing to look forward to at the National...we'll have a bunch of Stan's littermates together and should get some wonderful photos of the goofballs!


We're cocooning in this weekend. Stan and I were supposed to go to an obedience trial ~150 miles away but with the first storm of fall rolling in have decided to bag on it. Instead we'll be hanging out at home and I'll be doing some swimming, biking and running (what a shock!).

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every time I see a picture of those adorable dogs I grin :)