* I left my ART treatment today without a follow-up appointment. Apparently nothing says “your leg is fine” like running 18 miles without pain.
* The deep cleaning of the house went about as well as expected. After spending 90 minutes on the master bath, the cleaning ladies called for reinforcements. I turned around from my computer and suddenly there were more of them at work. Yes, I’m sorry, yes, it’s dirty, yes, regular maintenance would be better, yes, why don’t you try living with 3 hairy active dogs and training for Ironman, here’s a $50 tip, please come back again, PLEASE!
* I am not getting sick. I am NOT getting sick. I am just jetlagged and sleep deprived and tired from my long run. I AM NOT getting sick. Not not NOT! NO. SICK. HERE.!!!
* 7.5 weeks until Ironman! It’s short and long all at the same time. I am confident there is a lot of training time left to get stronger and yet it seems soon enough that I’m getting excited and thinking of all my wonderful friends and family who are coming and what fun we will have and how I’m going to sleep through the entire fluffy relaxing NON-DEEP TISSUE massage I am scheduling for the day after and wondering if I will last even 1 second on the mechanical bull the night after IM, especially if I drink a celebratory mai tai. It’ll be here before I know it!
* The first deep tissue massage after IM is going to hurt. A lot.
* Hockey season starts tomorrow. Sharks at Avalanche. I don’t know if we will be able to watch the game though. If you haven’t heard, DirecTV and Comcast (who owns Versus) are in a little war about showing Versus and the first game of the season is being aired on, you guessed it, Versus. I need to find a friend with Comcast in a hurry.
* Stanley got a promotion. He’s moving up from the Advanced agility class to the Competition class, the same level Max has been training at for years. It’s a good thing, it means Stan is ready for tougher challenges. But it also means we go back to being the baby dog in the class, biffing up the hard courses while looking like morons, for a while.
* Getting very sleepy now. I think it’s time to get back to 9pm bedtimes for a few weeks.
1. awesome long run
2. yay stanley!
3. you're at 7.5 weeks? that means I'm at 8.5 weeks!
My household is sick in place of everyone who has an upcoming IM so don't you worry cuz you're fine!
1. I have Comcast.
2. I also have a messy apartment.
3. I almost forgot about the mechanical bull part.
I am going through the same situation "I am NOT getting sick, I am NOT getting sick." Ugh goal race for the fall is coming up in like 11 days.
Hope you are not getting sick! I LOVE people to clean my house. It makes me feel better about myself. 7.5 weeks? You are almost there!
Very cool for Stanley! You ar NOT getting sick!! I can't wait for your Ironman!!!
Well done on the 18-miler!
Hmm, I hadn't thought about getting a massage after my first iron but that may be a good idea indeed. A quick recovery will be key for me. Thanks!
Yeah Stanley!!! And what a great long run. And everytime you talk about Stanley it makes me laugh because that is my brother-in-law's name :)
I can't believe we both got grabbed in the pool. Maybe my guy came up your way to swim after the boob encounter.
Thanks for the donation Molly!!
And btw, you are not getting sick....
NOT GETTING SICK. NOT. GETTING. SICK! Yay hockey! (but I can't really watch hockey until football is over) Congrats to your Stanley Dog! :)
This friend has comcast, but getting here to watch the games might involve more jetlag and possible sickness. Less than 8 weeks to go--you can do it! Way to go Stanley.
Woo hoo, glad to hear the leg is feeling better!! And yay for Stanley!!
Too funny about the house cleaners. I had a first date with a guy this week who does IMs. He asks me, "You're an engineer, so you must have quirky habits. My dad is an engineer and his quirky habit is that everything has to be tidy. I'm really tidy too." Ha! I asked him if he could come over and tidy my place! Hmm, hope that isn't a deal breaker...
Post a Comment