- Taper blahs in full effect today. Add in unusual cloudy weather down here and I’ve been completely unmotivated.
- I got my 2000 yard swim in but it took an embarrassing amount of effort. I almost bailed twice in the driveway. Then I sat in the car at the pool parking lot debating it again. And about 1100 yards into the swim I pondered just going home. *sigh*
- Fantastic commentary on being a hockey fan in California.
- I’m sick of food. At least, all the food I’ve been eating for weeks or months. Everything I bought at the store looks gross to me right now. I am hungry, at least I think I am, but I can’t figure out what I want. I’m going to go out and browse the food court at the mall in the hopes that something looks appealing.
- Yesterday I took Stanley to visit USDAA Nationals and today I took Max. Both boys were quite perturbed that they were not entered and didn’t get to run. At some point I probably need to acknowledge I have working dogs who don’t care about socializing when there is a JOB to be done.
- Speaking of which, apparently we will NOT be doing USDAA Nationals next year. They’ve had it in Scottsdale, AZ for years, which is wonderfully convenient for me with the house here and all. But they announced last night at their awards dinner that it would be either in Louisville or Philadelphia next year (with no mention of what would happen the year after). Good luck to you, USDAA, because I won’t be driving cross-country with my dogs and spending money on a hotel just to be the token bearded collies at Nationals.
- On the positive side, I suppose this means I can throw us full-force into AKC trials next year in the hunt for Stanley’s first titles and Max’s MACH2. He already has 13 QQs and ~12 points towards it (20 QQs and 750 points required).
- My family is coming out to Arizona a day earlier than originally planned. I’m excited about that since now they will have time to hang out and check out town a little more.
- 10 days till Ironman. We go to single digits tomorrow morning. HURRY UP AND GET HERE ALREADY!!!! I’m bored with training, I’m bored with waiting, I’m bored with resting!
- Hmmph. Bipolar Ironcrankiness indeed.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Taper + Thursday = Random!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
For me, the post race blahs are worse then the taper blahs were. Im not looking to go out and run 10 miles, but Id at least like to go out and run a few miles but I know I need to wait and let my body heal
Hmph... and just so you know, I am expecting you to finish before the ass crack of dawn here on the East coast.... I needz my beauty sleep ya know...
I think you're bored of talking to dogs and walls and conferenced-in work people. You need to call me. I'm sorry I couldn't bring you dinner tonight too--had plenty leftover!
Everyone is allowed to be cranky every once in a while. You should enjoy your taper, you've earned it. The BIG day is coming up!!
Two words: pumpkin. pie.
Cloudy weather in AZ? Yes, that is unusual. Hang in there with your taper. Only a week and half left!!
Maybe I can send you some British delicacies.
Yep, you are in FULL taper mode :) Ha! Hang in there Molly - so close! I agree on the food part - hungry but NOTHING looked good :) You are ready.
If it's in Louisville on August 29th, you should go. :)
So close! I understand your "I'm sick of food thing" most people never get that. I get it 100%
Bipolar Ironcrankiness is real-I am right behind you! Can't wait to "watch you" do IMAZ!
Interesting article on being a hockey fan in California! Luckily we have Hockey Night in Canada every Saturday which ensures two broadcasts a night of Canadian teams. Sounds like you guys need Hockey Night in California!!
Post a Comment